Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"Ear Worms"

Gil has been talking about having Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man" stuck in his head the last few days. Which reminded me of a blog I never posted from last Fall. Seems appropos.
--------------


I've had Jimmy Buffet's "Come Monday" stuck in my head for going on 4+ days now, with only occasional breaks for other similarly audio-sticky songs. What was an amusement is rapidly becoming much less so. But I figured if I can infect others with the Buffet audio meme, then perhaps it will go away and leave me in peace. So enjoy.

Part of the problem was that I was just down in San Antonio, where I went to undergrad, and Jimmy Buffet tunes were standards of the various singer/songwriters on campus an the surrounding hangouts when I went to school. So the atmosphere helped maintain the presence of the tune in my head. Maybe now that I'm back in Phoenix that'll help.

No comments: