Thursday, January 17, 2008

Online booksellers

Here's a drawback with online booksellers: flawed databases. Case in point: According to Barnes and Noble's website, I'm co-author of "Current Perspectives on Sex Crimes", which I'm sure is a top notch volume in its field, but not my area of expertise and not a publication of mine. Note the fact that my name is not on the cover of the book, which is displayed on the page. Have I sent a correction in to Barnes and Noble? Twice (following proper channels as well; there's an author's feedback section), and have been told it will be fixed. Third time's the charm? Sigh.

1 comment:

Ted Striphas said...

Your story, Greg, is an interesting counterpoint to Joseph Turow's Niche Envy, which I've just finished and enjoyed a great deal. Love the cover of your real book, by the way and am looking forward to buying it, well, somewhere.....